Title: My Mom – Dog
Author: Dan Jackson
“The best way to enjoy your dog is to love it. Train it, exercise it. Take it with you wherever you go. Most of all, let it know who the boss is and that you love it. A dog will give you back all the love and loyalty that you give it,” Dan Jackson writes about these canines in his e-book, My Mom – Dog.
Part of the Animals Books series, this twenty-seven page e-book targets children ages four to twelve years old who enjoy learning about animals, especially dogs. Due to its complicated wording, the book would best be read out loud to beginner readers. With no scary scenes, it would make a quiet time story or to use in a science class.
Large colorful photographs of these lovable creatures grace almost every page with one or two sentences underneath in an easy-to-read black font. With many scenes including dogs and cats, they are interesting to look at and view by any age group. Although the book series is about mothers, there is a minor reference to them in this one.
With dogs usually being domesticated animals, here are some interesting but well-known tidbits mentioned in this educational read:
- There are wild and domestic dogs.
- There are about four hundred million dogs in the world.
- Many dogs are bred to be service animals.
- The most popular breed is the Labrador, which comes in several colors.
- Dogs have poor eyesight but a good sense of smell and hearing.
- A year in human life is about seven years in a dog’s life.
- Puppies can barely see when they are born.
- A puppy has twenty-eight teeth, but an adult dog has forty-two of them.
- If a dog is eating, sleeping, or self-grooming, let it be.
- Long-haired canines need to be bathed regularly.
- If a dog swims in the sea, he will not smell good.
- These animals are known as man’s best friends.
If a child needs a quick source of information about this peculiar animal for a report, this e-book has many facts listed. Although not a story book or simple picture book, it is a collection of descriptions of dogs and how they live.
Thanks to the author for furnishing this complimentary e-book in exchange for a review based on the reader’s honest opinion.
This review will be posted on Amazon with links on Bookfun.org, Godinterest, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
GRAMMARLY was used to check for errors on this review.