Title: My Mom – Cat
Author: Dan Jackson
“Cats will knead their paws to show they are happy; they will purr too. If a cat is pleased to see someone, it will pull its tail up vertically; however, if a cat is wagging its tail, unlike a dog, it means that it is angry!” Dan Jackson writes about these creatures in his e-book, My Mom – Cat.
Part of the Animals Books series, this twenty-nine page e-book targets children ages four to twelve years old who enjoy learning about animals, especially cats. Due to its complicated wording, the book would best be read out loud to beginner readers. With no scary scenes, it would make a quiet time story or to use in a science class.
Large colorful photographs of these lovable creatures grace almost every page with one or three sentences underneath in an easy-to-read black font. The scenes are interesting to look at and view by any age group. Although the series is about mothers, there is no reference to them in this one.
With the cats being such domesticated animals, here are some interesting tidbits mentioned in this educational read:
- There are wild or feral cats and domestic cats.
- There are about five hundred million cats in the world.
- Like dogs, cats have the same life spans of one human year equals seven years to them.
- Since cats are nocturnal, they need lots of protein to be able to see in the dark.
- Cats sleep an average of fourteen hours a day.
- Males are called toms; females are mollies or queens, and babies are kittens.
- Kittens are born blind.
- Cats have five toes on their front paws and only four on their back paws.
- These animals have thirty teeth, sixteen on top and fourteen on bottom.
- A female cat can have up to eighteen kittens in a year.
- They can run up to thirty miles per hour.
If a child needs a quick source of information about this peculiar animal for a report, this e-book has many facts listed. Although not a story book or simple picture book, it is a collection of descriptions of cats and how they live.
Thanks to the author for furnishing this complimentary e-book in exchange for a review based on the reader’s honest opinion.
This review will be posted on Amazon with links on Bookfun.org, Godinterest, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
GRAMMARLY was used to check for errors in this review.